Wednesday, April 20, 2011

5 Questions - Hard Time Sleeping

I have been having trouble again going to sleep. I wish I can know what other people are doing and what's effective for them.

I'd like to understand more by asking these 5 Questions:
5 Sleep Questions
1. Do you have a sleeping disorder? When did you notice it? How long has it been now?
2. Was it abrupt or gradual onset?
3. What's your average sleep per night?
4. What do you do when you simply cannot sleep? Did anything work for you?
5. Are you taking any prescription medications? What and how effective are they?

Hoping shared information will shed some light. And may reveal patterns or clues.

3 comments:

  1. For me, I am grateful that I do not have much problem sleeping at night; it usually takes me just 5 minutes to slip to dreamland. However, I am interested in reading about how the different ways can help people as I do have some friends who are having challenges sleeping. I have previously went to a lecture and in the lecture it taught about using breathing to help us to relax our mind and then eventually to fall asleep.

    I did try it as the lecturer was speaking and I found that I was able to get really relax in less than 5 minutes. So it may really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Symphony, thanks for the feedback! Wow, you are so blessed to be able to sleep within 5 mins. Breathing for relaxation - this is a wonderful suggestion! Will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I have insomnia. I first noticed in in high school, though I can't remember what year exactly.

    2) If I remember correctly, it was gradual.

    3) I have erratic sleep patterns lol. Sometimes as little as 5hrs if I have work. And sometimes as much as 8-10hrs on days off. (I know bad sleep habit XP )

    4) I read, or eat, sometimes I just lie down and wait for the sleep to come..feels like forever though when I just wait it out.

    One of my Psych Instructors once said though. "Sometimes trying to sleep has the opposite effect, and sometimes trying not to think about it is more effective"

    Also, "Only use your bed for sleep" don't eat on it, watch TV, study, work, anything unrelated to sleep. Because then your body does is not trained to recognize your bed as a place to sleep and this can cause inability to sleep.

    5) No, I have never taken any medication related to sleep

    -rence

    ReplyDelete