Friday, April 8, 2011

5 SHOCKING STATISTICS ABOUT INSOMNIA


5 SHOCKING STATISTICS ABOUT INSOMNIA  

1. Over 90% of people experience some degree of insomnia at some point in their lives. Studies indicate that insomnia affects 1 out of 3 adults every year in the United States.
2. At least 70% of people with depression also experience insomnia.
3. In the U.S., as many as 100,000 automobile accidents and 1,500 deaths from these accidents are caused by sleepiness.
4. More than 35 million Americans suffer from long-lasting insomnia, with 20 to 30 million others experiencing shorter-term sleeplessness.
5. In the Top 3 of countries affected by insomnia America is situated on the 1st place, Germany comes in 2nd, then followed by UK.

7 years ago, I suffered from insomnia. It was pretty frustrating to be tired and yet unable to go to sleep. Watching the time pass by was excruciating since every minute I’m still awake means the less amount of time I can actually be asleep (I have work the next day).

The above statistics show that I was not alone. A lot of people are going through the same thing. And like me, they are also constantly on the lookout for effective insomnia medications. And if we think lack of sleep isn’t a huge concern, its link between depression and car accident incidents prove us otherwise.

I’m glad I have overcome my insomnia through natural sleep aids. But now I see that my dad has it, too. He doesn’t know or acknowledge it. Last month, in our 12-hour drive, we almost crashed into a highway post due to his lack of sleep.

Some say insomnia is not a cause for concern.  It may be a light problem to some. But to countless others (such as the ones in the statistics above), it’s serious business.

Article Sources:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing , This is really nice and informative. Next time also write about Natural sleep aids

    ReplyDelete